• Source:JND

Renowned South Indian music composer and Member of Parliament Ilaiyaraaja announced that he will be contributing his concert fees and a month’s salary to the National Defence Fund. The legendary composer further stated that he is very sure that selfless bravehearts (Indian Armed Forces) will bring the enemies to their knees. He called the armed forces’ efforts ‘Valiant’ and is confident that the forces will wipe out terrorism. Know what he said in a recent tweet. 

Ilaiyaraaja tweeted, “VALIANT” - Earlier this year, I composed & recorded my first symphony and named it “Valiant”, unaware that in May our real heroes, our soldiers would need to act with bravery, boldness, courage, precision and determination at the borders to counter the cold blooded killing of innocent tourists in Pahalgam.. Am very confident that our selfless bravehearts will bring the enemies to their knees.. Jaya Bherigai Kottada, Kottada, Jaya Bherigai Kottada - Bharathi.”

“As a proud Indian and a Member of Parliament, I have decided to make a modest contribution of my concert fees & one month’s salary to the “National Defence Fund” for the “Valiant” efforts of our country’s brave heroes to wipe out terrorism, and safeguard our borders & people. Jai Hind @OneMercuri.” he added. 

Social media users shared their views in the comment sections. A user said, “Vande Mataram! Jai Hind ki Sena!” Another said, “We are proud of you AYYA & your wisdom & blessings will surely help our brave Brothers & Sisters guarding & fighting for us! Jai Hind, Jai Jawan, Jai Bhavani! My humble request, can you release a Shiva Thandavam music for our Jawans! The one that will safeguard each & everyone of our Jawans & enable them to utilise their core inner power/chakras to crush the opponents to dust.” 



Ilaiyaraaja’s announcement comes in the wake of escalating tensions between India and Pakistan. After India launched Operation Sindoor at the terror sites of Pakistan and Pok, the neighbouring country launched aerial attacks on May 8. Since then, the tension has been intensified further. However, now, the Minister of External Affairs (MEA) announced that both countries agreed to an immediate ceasefire.

Also read: Aamir Khan, Genelia Deshmukh’s Sitaare Zameen Par Trailer Launch Delayed Amid India-Pakistan Conflict | Report