- By Swati Singh
- Thu, 24 Apr 2025 12:46 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
Film Federation opposes the release of Abir Gulaal in India: Abir Gulaal, starring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan, has been facing massive backlash, with netizens and politicians demanding to ban the movie in India. This came after the deadliest terror attack in Pahalgam where 2 tourists were gunned down by the terrorist in broad daylight. Now Ashoke Pandit, President of the Indian Film & Television Directors' Association, has opposed the film’s release. He has said, “This incident is an act of war against the nation. This isn't the first time...these attacks have been ongoing for 30 years. We, as a federation, have requested with folded hands to not work with Pakistanis."
"They come up with bulls***t reasons like artist, community, but ultimately, the nation must come first. People think 'agar mere ghar ka aadmi nahi mara toh f**k it, I don't care', but if this film's heroine or the makers' family members had been shot by the terrorist, they wouldn't have worked (with Fawad)," he further added.
BN Tiwari, President of the Federation of Western India Cine Employees, also opposed Abir Gulaal’s release in India. Tiwari said, “We will not let Abir Gulaal release in India. Action will be taken against the makers (if they release the film).”
-1745478407805.jpg)
(Image: Instagram/@ashokepandit)
Meanwhile, Fawad Khan has condemned the terror attack ahead of his film’s release. He wrote on his IG Story, “Deeply saddened to hear the news of the heinous attack in Pahalgam. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this horrifying incident and we pray for strength and healing for their families in this difficult time.”
Pahalgam Terror Attack: In a horrifying turn of events, 26 tourists were shot dead in Pahalgam, Kashmir, on Tuesday afternoon. The attack took place in Baisaran Valley, also known as ‘mini Switzerland’. As tourists had gathered in the valley- some for their honeymoon, while others for a vacation, a group of terrorists opened fire on them.
In the aftermath of the terror attack, Indian authorities have launched a massive search for the perpetrators who killed 26 people and injured dozens more. In a strict move, India has announced to close the border with Pakistan and also limit it to a special visa programme, among other measures. So far, The Resistance Front, TRF, has claimed responsibility for the attack.