- By Raju Kumar
- Thu, 19 Jun 2025 09:03 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
Meghalaya Honeymoon Murder Case: Two accused - Sonam Raghuvanshi and her alleged lover Raj Kushwaha in the Raja Raghuvanshi murder case were sent to two-day police custody. The other three accused - Akash Rajput, Vishal Singh Chauhan, and Anand were remanded to 14-day judicial custody. On Thursday, all five accused were taken to the session court in Shillong for the hearing.
Advocate Tushar Chanda says, "The court has sent Sonam Raghuvanshi and Raj Kushwaha to 2-day police custody. The other three accused have been remanded to 14-day judicial custody."
What East Khasi Hills SP Vivek Syiem Said After Court Hearing
East Khasi Hills SP Vivek Syiem said, "So, we asked two more days of police custody, we've only finished eight days so far. We asked for two more days of police custody because our team is still there in Indore. We need (more time) to develop more things, and as and when we get more inputs from them, we can question these people. After we actually have got their statements and completing the examination, then we'll do analysis, that's why we've asked for only two days."
VIDEO | Meghalaya: All five accused in the Raja Raghuvanshi murder case were taken out of the session court in Shillong after the hearing.
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) June 19, 2025
Advocate Tushar Chanda says, "The court has sent Sonam Raghuvanshi and Raj Kushwaha to 2-day police custody. The other three accused - Akash… pic.twitter.com/UsFHOfd6Ug
What Are Missing Dots?
We haven’t recovered the phone yet Sonam used before the crime, he added. "She had three phones - two were destroyed and discarded. Our team is still searching for the third one. We believe that the phone, along with the jewellery Sonam had taken from there and which wasn’t found in the flat, was likely whisked away to some other location," the official said.
Raja Raghuvanshi's Brother Alleges Sonam Misled Police
Meanwhile, Vipin Raghuvanshi, brother of the deceased Indore-based businessman Raja Raghuvanshi, has claimed that the prime accused, Sonam Raghuvanshi, and other suspects in the murder case have not yet confessed to their crimes and are attempting to mislead the police.
ALSO READ: FASTag Annual Pass FAQs: Nitin Gadkari Clears Confusion About Validity, Transfer, And Activation
Vipin also demanded an additional eight days of police remand for Sonam and the other accused to facilitate further investigation and interrogation.
"Sonam hasn't confessed her crime yet. She and the other accused are trying to mislead the police. We demand that their remand be extended by eight more days. Through further investigation and interrogation, the truth will come out," Vipin said.
He also revealed that the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Meghalaya Police, probing the high-profile murder case, visited their residence in Indore on Wednesday to question the family about Sonam.
"The SIT team came yesterday and asked some questions about Sonam. Initially, we didn't doubt her because her parents told us she was speaking to clients of the company," he added.
The Meghalaya Police's SIT on Tuesday reconstructed the crime scene as part of their investigations into the murder of Raja Raghuvanshi. The murder scene was recreated by the SIT team in Sohra in the presence of the accused, Sonam Raghuvanshi, and three others.
Superintendent of Police, East Khasi Hills, Vivek Syiem, said that the reconstruction of the crime scene was very successful as the police then "got a very clear picture."
Detailing the reconstruction of the crime scene, SP Vivek Syiem said that one more machete used to murder Raja Raghuvanshi still needs to be recovered.
(With agencies inputs)