• By Aalok Sensharma
  • Sat, 07 Sep 2019 06:00 AM (IST)
  • Source:JND

New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: As the communications from Chandrayaan-2's Vikram lander to ISRO's ground station was lost before touchdown, netizens on Saturday united on Twitter and asked the space agency to not lose hope.

Prime Minister, who was present at the ISRO Centre in Bengaluru, expressed solidarity with ISRO scientists and said: “we are proud of you”.

“India is proud of our scientists! They’ve given their best and have always made India proud. These are moments to be courageous, and courageous we will be! Chairman @isro gave updates on Chandrayaan-2. We remain hopeful and will continue working hard on our space programme,” he tweeted.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah said that the Indian space agency's achievement of taking the Chandrayaan-2 so far was an achievement in itself.

“India stands with its committed and hardworking scientists at ISRO. My best wishes for future endeavours,” he said.

Here’s how the netizens reacted:  

Communication from Chandrayaan 2's 'Vikram' lander to the ground station was lost during its powered descent to the Lunar surface in the early hours of Saturday and data is being analysed, ISRO Chairman K Sivan said.

“Vikram lander descent was as planned and normal performance was observed up to an altitude of 2.1 km. Subsequently, the communications from the lander to ground station was lost,” Sivan said, his voice choking.

“The data is being analysed,” he added.