- By Shivangi Sharma
- Mon, 12 May 2025 09:00 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
In a national address following the successful conclusion of Operation Sindoor, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday delivered a firm message to the global community that any future engagement with Pakistan will be strictly limited to discussions about Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (PoK). Modi’s remarks came after a three-day military offensive that left Pakistan’s terror infrastructure and several key military installations in ruins.
During his address, PM Modi revealed that India had dismantled a wide network of terrorist handlers who had operated openly from Pakistani soil for over two decades. “Many handlers of terrorists were openly roaming around in Pakistan for the last two and a half decades and were conspiring against India. India finished them at once,” he said.
#WATCH | #OperationSindoor | In his address to the nation, PM Modi says, "Many handlers of terrorists were openly roaming around in Pakistan for the last two and a half decades and were conspiring against India. India finished them at once. Pakistan was in depression and rattled… pic.twitter.com/MyvaWVPlU0
— ANI (@ANI) May 12, 2025
The Prime Minister described how Pakistan, stunned by the precision and intensity of India's strikes, responded not with cooperation but with further aggression. “Pakistan was in depression and rattled at the same time, and made the second mistake, instead of cooperating with India, it chose to attack us,” he added.
ALSO READ: 'Wahan Se Goli, Yahan Se Gola': PM Modi's Message To Armed Forces On Pakistan's Firing Along LoC
Pakistan Contacted India for Ceasefire After Losses
PM Modi disclosed that following India’s relentless military operations, Pakistan began appealing to the international community to ease tensions. He said, “After India's aggressive action, Pakistan started looking for ways to escape. Pakistan was appealing to the world to reduce tensions and after being badly beaten, the Pakistani army contacted our DGMO on the afternoon of May 10.”
By that time, India had already inflicted heavy damage, neutralising several terror camps and destroying Pakistan’s operational capabilities. According to PM Modi, India only agreed to consider the ceasefire after Pakistan assured it would refrain from any further acts of terrorism or military aggression.
Warning To Pakistan: End Terrorism or Face Consequences
PM Modi did not mince words about Pakistan’s role in fostering terrorism. “The way Pakistan military and the government there are helping terrorism flourish there, it will end Pakistan one day. If Pakistan wants to be spared, it has to abolish the terror infrastructure,” he warned.
The Prime Minister made it clear that India’s patience has limits and that the country will no longer tolerate state-sponsored terrorism. He reaffirmed that India has no intention of returning to the status quo, and that peace will only be possible if Pakistan demonstrates real, verifiable action against terror groups operating from its territory.
On May 7, India launched Operation Sindoor, a decisive military response to the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack that killed 26 civilians. The operation marked a major shift in India’s counterterrorism strategy, with deep strikes targeting terror infrastructure inside Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoJK). India destroyed nine key terror launchpads associated with groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed, and Hizbul Mujahideen, significantly degrading their operational capacity.