- By Simran Srivastav
- Wed, 14 Aug 2024 02:20 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
BTS Suga Drunk Driving Case: BTS member Suga, who is currently serving in the military, recently got involved in a controversy after he got into a drunk driving accident while driving a scooter. He was reportedly found by patrolling police, who smelled alcohol from Suga. Later, Suga and BigHit Music to the public apologised in official statements. South Korean news outlets found a CCTV footage of Suga in which he is allegedly seen driving.
In the footage, Suga is reportedly seen driving, then falling down and later the police are seen approaching him. Netizens have given mixed responses after seeing the video as some remain unsure if the person in the footage is Suga or not, whereas, others criticised the rapper for his carelessness.
BTS SUGA's CCTV footage was revealed by TV Chosun. It shows that his driving speed is as slow as an average person's walking pace pic.twitter.com/Tpd9dkwWmb
— Sniper21 (@Sniper71232) August 14, 2024
Here's the real SUGA's CCTV footage was revealed by TV Chosun.. He was going on the side of the road, wearing helmet and the speed of the electric scooter was a normal as a human being could walk..
— BTS Updates, News & Charts ⁷ (@_BTSMoments_) August 14, 2024
Because of such a peak thing, he has received so much hate for no reason..… pic.twitter.com/E1SyJv5N6e
1. Yoongi was not lying(like armys said)
— ³ᵈ༄ᴮᵀˢ⁷ ᭄✿ΛŔɱ¥࿐⁷ʳᵖʷᵖ (@mypurplearmy) August 14, 2024
2. Bighit was not lying either
3. That CCTV footage was false& now it’s debunked that was not him
JTBC APOLOGIZE TO SUGA
YONHAP NEWS APOLOGIZE TO SUGA
WE DEMAND AN APOLOGY
JTBC IS SPREADING LIES#KoreanMediaBeProfessional#SugaDidNotLie pic.twitter.com/7e8XCNbCua
BigHit Music earlier received criticism after they apologised on Suga's behalf as many accused the agency of downplaying the accident. The agency said in a statement, "Hello. This is BigHit Music. We are making an additional statement regarding BTS member Suga. First, we deeply apologise once again for having disappointed many people with this unsavory incident. We also apologise for rushing to make a statement without carefully checking various circumstances and therefore creating confusion."
"We had absolutely no intention of downplaying the incident, as some are saying we did. We apologise once again for hastily making a statement without reviewing the incident more carefully. When the investigative authorities come to a decision on the categorization of the vehicle in question, we will diligently take full responsibility according to their decision," the agency added.
Also Read | BTS Jin Engages In Fun Adventures In Variety Show Comeback; Half-Star Hotel In Lost Island Teaser Out
"2) Regarding the imposition of a fine and the revocation of [Suga’s] license--On August 6, after the artist underwent the police’s breathalyzer test at the scene of the incident, he was immediately sent home. Both our agency and the artist did not realize that there were still steps remaining to be taken in the investigative process, and we mistakenly thought that the case in question had been closed. In light of the severity of the case, we apologise for having conveyed misinformation due to internal communication errors," the statement reads.
On the work front, Suga earlier released his album 'D-Day' and also toured around the world for his concerts before military enlistment.