• Source:JND

SRK Death Threat Case: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan received a death threat on Thursday, prompting swift action from Mumbai and Raipur police, who have launched separate investigations into the incident. The alleged mastermind behind the threat is Mohammad Faizan Khan, a lawyer from Raipur, Chhattisgarh, who demanded a whopping ₹50 lakh from Shah Rukh Khan. However, Faizan Khan claims that his mobile phone was stolen last week, and he had even filed a police complaint on Saturday to report the theft.

Faizan Khan says he has friends in Bishnoi community

Now, according to news agency ANI, Faizan Khan has been served a notice by the Mumbai Police. He has claimed that he has friends in the Bishnoi community. Khan told ANI, “My phone was stolen on November 2 and I lodged a complaint in the police station after Anjaam was released. In the movie, SRK had killed a deer and asked the househelp to eat it. I have friends in Bishnoi community. On November 5, someone threatened to kill Shah Rukh Khan. Mumbai Police came to Raipur to question me. They questioned me for 1-2 hours and took my statement and called me to Mumbai on November 14…”

On Shah Rukh Khan death threat case, CSP Civil Lines Ajay Kumar said, “CSP Civil Lines Ajay Kumar says "Today Mumbai Police came to Pandri Police Station where they informed that a crime had been registered in Bandra Police Station where Shah Rukh Khan was threatened and money was demanded. Mumbai Police gave a notice to the accused. No information has been received about his arrest yet."

"The person's name has been identified as Mohammad Faizan Khan, he is an advocate. The call was made to Bandra Police Station on 5th November. He (Faizan Khan) had complained that his phone was lost on 2nd November. We will investigate and Mumbai Police is investigating too," he further added.

Earlier, in October 2023, Shah Rukh Khan faced a death threat following the massive success of his movies 'Pathaan' and 'Jawan'. This threat prompted the Mumbai Police to upgrade his security to Y+ category, ensuring the 59-year-old actor is now protected by six armed personnel around the clock, a significant increase from the two armed security personnel he had earlier. Unfortunately, SRK isn't the only Bollywood superstar facing threats. Fellow actor Salman Khan has also been repeatedly targeted by the Lawrence Bishnoi gang and other individuals, highlighting the growing concerns about celebrity safety.

ALSO READ: Bollywood Celebrities With Y Plus Security: Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan And More