- By Sahelee Rakshit
- Sat, 10 May 2025 08:49 PM (IST)
- Source:JND
Punjab Blackout Update: As India and Pakistan agreed to an immediate ceasefire, Punjab authorities withdrew the imposed blackout restrictions on Saturday evening. Sangrur, Rupnagar, and Fazilka district administrations lifted blackout regulations, while authorities in Jalandhar, Kapurthala, and Patiala revoked restrictive orders as well.
Several district administrations had earlier planned to implement a blackout on Saturday evening in response to the crisis between India and Pakistan.
According to an official, the order to enforce a blackout from 8 PM to 6 AM in the Sangrur area has been revoked.
"All restrictive orders are hereby withdrawn. Thank you for your support," said Patiala Deputy Commissioner Preeti Yadav.
Himanshu Aggarwal, Jalandhar's Deputy Commissioner, issued a similar order. "All restrictive orders are immediately withdrawn within the district. Things may resume as normal. Thanks for all your support," said the Jalandhar DC in a message.
Hoshiarpur DC Aashika Jain said, "All restriction orders stand suspended. Normalcy restored. Thanks for all your cooperation, support and efforts in challenging times."
Earlier in the day, officials in areas like as Jalandhar, Pathankot, and Kapurthala recommended the closure of marketplaces and commercial businesses and encouraged locals to avoid huge gatherings.
The district administration of Mohali issued an order on Friday to close movie theaters and malls from nightfall until dawn till further notice.
Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri declared in Delhi that the directors general of military operations (DGMO) of India and Pakistan had decided to cease all firings and military activities on land, in the air, and at sea as of 5 PM on Saturday.