• Source:JND

A New York couple was left bloodied and battered after a mob involved in an illegal street takeover unleashed violence in Malba, Queens, where cars spun across lawns, fireworks were set off, and a vehicle was ignited in the early hours of Sunday. The chaos erupted around midnight after a car meet-up spiraled into dangerous stunts, including vehicles speeding across lawns, doing donuts, and igniting a car on fire.

The victims, Blake Ferrer and his wife, were attacked when they attempted to stop the unruly crowd from trespassing on their property. Speaking to The New York Post, Ferrer recalled warning the group to leave: “Bro, you gotta get the f** off my property,”* he said. Within seconds, around a dozen men surrounded the couple, kicking, punching, and stomping on them. Ferrer sustained a broken nose and fractured ribs, while his wife was also struck during the melee.

Cars Burned, Security Guard Attacked

Footage posted by NYC Council member Vickie Paladino shows the chaotic scene: cars spinning at high speed, tearing across lawns, and circling a burning vehicle. According to Paladino, a private security guard tried to defuse the situation but was assaulted by the mob. His vehicle was later set ablaze using fireworks.

The guard, Larry Rusch, 59, said he had parked his car in the intersection in an attempt to block the reckless drivers. Instead, he became a target. “It was a complete melee,” Rusch told reporters after watching his car erupt into flames.

ALSO READ: 65-Year-Old 'Dead’ Woman Knocks From Coffin Just Before Cremation After 2 Days, 500km Journey | Watch VIDEO

Witnesses Describe Panic As Police Arrived Late

A local resident who saw smoke racing through the street ran outside only to witness the aftermath of the couple’s beating while Ferrer’s wife frantically called 911. She claimed it took 45 minutes for police to arrive.

In response, the NYPD stated that the initial responding officer had been diverted to a more urgent call, including a DWI arrest, an assault, and a vehicle collision, before the Malba incident was upgraded and officers were dispatched. Other residents reported that their vehicles were hit with objects as they tried to stop the takeover. 

Council woman Paladino condemned the attack, saying Ferrer was “lucky he wasn’t killed.” She warned that such street takeovers are rising citywide due to what she described as weak consequences for offenders. “Residents showed extreme restraint,” she said, warning that such restraint may not last if the city fails to take decisive action.

ALSO READ: India’s Billion-Rupee Drug Kingpin Pawan Thakur Arrested In Dubai After Interpol Alert, Deportation Underway

Also In News