• Source:JND

US President Donald Trump on Friday announced that his administration will move to “permanently pause migration from all Third World Countries”, signalling one of the most sweeping shifts to American immigration policy in decades.

The announcement comes less than 24 hours after a National Guard trooper was killed and another critically injured in an attack near the White House.

Trump Links Migration Pause To ‘System Recovery’

In a detailed post on Truth Social, Trump said that although the US has made “significant technological progress”, immigration frameworks have “eroded those gains and living conditions for many Americans”. He said his government would work to reverse “millions of Biden-era illegal admissions”, including those he claimed were approved through “unauthorised Autopen signatures”.

Trump further stated that the US would begin removing “anyone who is not a net asset” to the country, cut federal benefits for non-citizens, and denaturalise individuals who “undermine domestic tranquility”. “We will achieve a major reduction in illegal and disruptive populations,” he wrote, adding that “only reverse migration can cure this situation”.

The President ended his post with a sharp message, “Happy Thanksgiving to all, except those who hate, steal, murder, and destroy everything America stands for — you won’t be here for long.”

Afghan National Arrested After Attack Near White House

The announcement followed a fatal shooting incident on Thursday when two National Guard members were fired upon just a few blocks from the White House.

The victims, 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom from West Virginia and 24-year-old Andrew Wolfe, were on duty when the attacker approached them at close range. Beckstrom succumbed to her injuries early Friday. “She was a magnificent young person… She’s no longer with us,” Trump said in a brief address. Wolfe remains critical.

Investigators have identified the suspect as 29-year-old Rahmanullah Lakanwal, an Afghan national who arrived in the US after the withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021. Authorities said it is too early to determine the motive behind the attack.

Following the shooting, senior officials at the Department of Homeland Security began reviewing all asylum cases approved under the Biden administration as well as Green Cards issued to citizens of 19 countries.

ALSO READ: After DC Shooting, Trump Orders Massive Re-Check Of Green Cards From ‘Countries Of Concern’: Is India Among Them? Full List Here

Earlier this month, the Trump administration revoked around 80,000 non-immigrant visas for offences ranging from DUI to assault and theft, part of what officials describe as a larger move to tighten immigration screening.

ALSO READ: White House Shooting: One US National Guard Member Succumbs To Injuries, Other Critical, Says Trump

With the latest announcement, the US is bracing for major global implications, potentially affecting millions of students, workers, and refugees who migrate from developing nations. Trump has made both legal and illegal immigration a central theme of his presidency, arguing that even regulated pathways such as asylum, pose security risks if not strictly vetted.

Also In News